The Pilot Vision+TM system is a modular vision-based quality management system that mounts inside today's high-speed reheat stretch blowmolders to provide detection of random occurring defects during the production of PET bottles. This system offers manufacturers a means to critically evaluate preforms and blown bottles for defects that may compromise the quality of the finished product.
Pilot Vision+ is available as a stand-alone system, or as part of Agr's Process Pilot® automated blowmolder management system.
Defect detection where it is most needed
- Bottle Finish Seal
- Bottle Sidewall
- Bottle Base
Pilot Vision can identify a wide range of commonly occurring defects
- On preforms - contamination, impurities, color hues and changes, crystalinity, opaque spots, unmelts, bubbles/blisters, burn marks, water spots, streaks ...
- On bottle finish seal - nicks, dents and scratches in seal surface, surface irregularities, seal surface integrity, inner/outer diameter, ovality, blown finish, choked neck, flash, short shots ...
- On bottle sidewall - neck folds, clarity and consistency, crystalinity, contamination, dark spots, holes, color variations, under-blown containers ...
- On bottle base - holes, opaque spots, foreign particles, unmelted material, under-blown and improperly formed feet, folds, off-center gate, gate size, gate ovality/tears, gate holes ...
- Color preform cameras
- Liquid lens technology
- Defect categorization and reject statistics
- Mold and spindle correlation of defect data
- Up to 6 cameras for comprehensive inspection
- Multi-spectrum LED illumination
- High-resolution imaging with throughput up to 100,000 bph
- High-speed image processing
- Proven industry-specific algorithms, designed for containers
- Easy operation and setup
- Built-in process control tools